Moving time is just around the corner. I find that I am encountering mixed feelings about this move. I am curious to check out some grad schools in the East and am intrigued about spending more times in those old mountains that are so vividly beautiful in my mind. I'll admit that I am also feeling a bit of FOMO--Fear Of Missing Out. Usually I am so anxious to move that my bags are packed early and I am just waiting impatiently for the ok to go. Instead, here I am procrastinating from packing. Don't get me wrong, I have five boxes and several bags prepared to place in storage--except the costume box has already reopened (shouldn't we have a costume party to celebrate my birthday?).
This place has a special magic. It has covered me like fairy dust. Last Tuesday, I had one of the best dates I have ever had. We hiked up to a point where we could see 5 waterfalls at once. He laid the red cloth down on the granite and we had a picnic supper with this view all to ourselves. I don't want to miss out on other opportunities to feel completely enchanted.
I went to the taco truck gathering at the community hall last night. As I told a friend goodbye, I realized that this magic does exist in places beyond. He left this morning to move up to Washington. Continuing on his life journey, I hope that we will cross paths again. And so it begins. I have a journey to make as well. I am sad to leave my humble abode by the Merced River behind, but anxious to return to the Middle Prong of the Little River. My flight leaves San Francisco on the night of June 4th (allowing me to have a birthday party with friends in Yosemite) and I'll arrive in Indiana for a 24 hour visit starting the morning of the 5th. On the 6th, I'll be in Tennessee! I have one more school left to teach here next week and then my teaching in Yosemite will cease until I return in September. But I will be returning...so how much FOMO is really warranted?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Laura!
Happy Birthday! We sent you a card to your parent's address hoping you would get it on your way through! Hope you have a great birthday and safe travel!
Love Jess and Craig
Hey Laura,
I truely have loved seeing all your beautiful photos. I am sorry that I did not know your birthday is so soon. If I had I would have sent you a card. If you don't mind could you send me your birthday so that I would know for the future? I like sending my friends birthday cards. Well, I miss talking to you. Hope you are enjoying yourself.
Joe Woyma
Post a Comment