8.17.2006

The Move is On.

Posted by Picasa


I packed up my car yesterday and officially said goodbye to Camp Tahosa today. I walked through our campsites and felt a little swell in my chest. I sat out on the rocks and gazed at Mt. Audobon and Sawtooth and then looked down and saw a blooming fireweed at my feet. With a deep sigh, I leave this home for a new one. I will miss looking out at Indian Peaks Wilderness, but I can't wait to look out at Yosemite. And with such a prime location, it seems like i'm going to have quite a few visits from friends. you're all invited. time to get used to being called by my real name again. i'll have to be careful not to introduce myself as fireweed. although i wonder what people would say if i did. hmmmm.... From Beachhouse road to 350 S to County Rd 96 to beyond. I'm almost to California.
Mom and Dad come today! yay! we're journeying across colorado together and utah as far as salt lake city. maybe we should do a few brewery tours. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura Jean,

Just wanted to say I hope that you are having a wonderful time traveling around with mom and dad! (and the luxury of sleeping in beds...haha) Wish Matt and I were there with you guys! Anyways, I'm glad you've had such a great experience this summer and am definitely looking forward to future "blogs" from Yosemite!!! We do miss you in good ol' Indiana and look forward to your next visit sometime down the road (the Ernie Pyle Fest just wasn't the same without you... :) Be careful driving!

Love ya,
Julie