Today I saw the world through rose colored glasses--well, goggles, to be exact, as I utilized my new ski goggles for the first time. Which means, for the first time ever, I went downhill skiing! I wiped out many times. I would stop turning and flipping about on the snow and turn around to see my ski or poles littered behind me. I spent the morning on the beginner hill, but after lunch i took the big lift up to an intermediate slope. The first time on this slope, I fell down...as I got off the lift. I pondered why I was on a bigger hill when I was falling before I even hit the slope. I was determined though and made it down the hill with only one major fall (yes, with a ski and pole strewn behind). Being a pro at falling, I wasn't scared away. I decided to go down the intermediate hill one more time before calling it a day. This time, I was able to slowly pace down the hill and only have one slight fall (a side slide on my butt with no loss of skis or poles)! So although I'm pretty sure I have some new bruises and feel a bit beaten up, I had lots of fun.
It was definitely worth staying in town for the weekend. Friday night was super fun because of a techno/electronic band that was in town (and I must say dancing to techno is a huge workout!) and last night there was a super fun house party (sadly as a farewell party for one of the most fab guys here).
Ahhhh, *sigh*...two late nights, one lazy day, and one intense skiing day make for a great weekend and a beautiful rose colored world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment