1.29.2007

Not a Godless City

This weekend I had the joy of going to see three bands at the Fillmore in San Francisco. It was amazing. You can feel the history of this club that has hosted some of the most amazing bands ever. I was there to see our local band, The Trespassers, that were opening for Blue Turtle Seduction, a band from South Tahoe, that were opening for New Monsoon. I had heard Blue Turtle and the Trespassers before, but never New Monsoon. They were all awesome! The jams at the end were so great to dance to--wow. The Fillmore is definitely worthy of all its fame. Great bands, great venue. Sunday we were able to take care of errands around the city. I was skeptical because I've gotten used to places being closed on Sunday, but i was told, "San Fran is a godless city. Places will be open." So we hit up Trader Joes, REI, Safeway, and went in search of the Patagonia outlet. Sadly we were given bad directions and it took us about an hour to find it. Funny though, people were so helpful and the friendliest guy in this godless city, was a nice man coming out of a baptist church. He actually was headed the same way we were trying to go and let us follow him until we needed to turn off. Ha--not so godless after all.
Now I'm back in Yosemite, but only for a couple of days. I am working with a fun school, but only for Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, maybe Thursday, I plan to hit up the coast again. I'm feeling like a bit of exploring, camping, and even craving some time to myself. Don't worry though--I'll be coming back to the mountains on Sunday. I wouldn't want to miss a super fantastic super bowl!

No comments: