Spring was flingin' El Portal style on Saturday night. After working a YI booth in the valley for Earth Day, I went home and up to the community hall. My comfort level has expanded big time here since the day when I moved here in August. I was confidently introducing myself to people I didn't know and throwing out waves and smiles to the friends I did know. I was able to go up to the community hall on my own with no worries about running into friends. I was totally in my zone and loving it. Adam Burns Band started off the music at about 6 pm and then there were great bands until midnight. The weather was cool and it wasn't long into the evening when the rain began. We danced outside in the warm rain and mud. It reminded me of a rainy Pyle Fest long ago when one of my cousins and I ran the main street of Dana, soaking wet, but having fun frolicking from awning to awning. By 11:30 pm, I was exhausted. I didn't even see the last band finish, but it was a great night all the same. I walked home with Martijn (boy) and laughed as I couldn't see my way in the darkness (but I knew the way, no prob). I feel so at home here. More satisfied and happy than any place that I've been for quite some time. I suppose spring makes many people happy.
I will be sad when it comes time to say goodbye in June, but it will only be for the summer. If any place has felt more like home than here, it is Tennessee and I am ecstatic to return there. And if I didn't go to Tennessee, it would be likely that I wouldn't see the fam until Christmas...way too long to wait.
Young kids this week--3rd graders. My 5th graders last week were fantastic. I think I got more hugs than ever before in a 2 day span. But when kids are "de-hug-drated" what can you do?