6.13.2009

Entering my 26th year

For my birthday this year, I went with my new Italian jewelry, DNC gift certificate, and some close friends (Hagit, Janaki, Betsy, and Martijn) to the Mountain Room Restaurant. Even though we went out after work (as you can tell in the pictures), we put in the extra effort to look nice. Martijn treated us to cocktails and chips with guac while we waited for our table to be ready. It was wonderful to spend my birthday with friends who are my Yosemite family.
That weekend, Karl (who I worked with in NC) came to visit. Even with the March-like rainy weather, we hiked nearby in El Portal, up to Cloud's Rest, and to Taft Point. It was great to have this motivational push to get out even when it was not the typical June bluebird sky (weather that June has yet to provide--not that I don't enjoy it being 72 instead of 100).

 
Posted by Picasa



 
Posted by Picasa



 
Posted by Picasa







 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hope you had a good birthday! I can't imagine having such beautiful scenery all around you!

Have a great summer!